[mythtv] mythtv commit: r19603 - in trunk/mythtv by stuart

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 08:55:59 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009 02:52:32 Nigel Pearson wrote:
> 1) When used in the "Delete Recordings" context,
> the title is still "Watch Recordings",
> and the freereport and usedbar are missing.
>
> Looking at the code, the "pagetitle" textarea et c.
> aren't explicitly loaded, so there is no opportunity
> to customise layour based on m_type ?

It was discussed and pretty much agreed upon in IRC to lose the delete
recordings page entirely, instead offering a reverse sort option from the menu
in Watch Recordings. I didn't want to get rid of it at the same time as the
new screen was committed, instead I was going to see how people liked the
alternative.

In all honesty the reason why the progress bar etc and reverse sort options
are missing is simply because I forgot. I'll add them soon.

> 2) Arrow Right on the recordings used to bring up a menu.
> Now, it goes back to the titles pane.

The new behaviour. I announced the changes in an earlier message to the list
to try and prepare everyone, though I still expect some muttering over the
decision.

In a very quick summary the arguments are this:
- In simply could not work alongside the endless variations on layout that the
new screen offers. In a horizontal or grid layout of the recordings right
would be needed to move right etc. I don't want to stifle debate, but we've
discussed this to death in IRC and a little in the earlier thread.
- The old behaviour was unique to this screen and inconsistent with navigation
everywhere else.

SELECT still moves from the group list to the recording list and we might add
an optional setting which causes SELECT to display the recording menu instead
of immediately starting playback.

INFO displays the recording menu. I preferred the idea having a single button
for menus for consistency (MENU) and combining the two menus in some way, or
changing which is displayed depending on which list has focus.

> 3) Escape from recordings now changes focus back to titles,
> and another escape exits the screen.

This behaviour was requested by a few people in light of the above.
--
Stuart Morgan