[mythtv] are there any early previews of new UI?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:10:09 UTC 2008

On 03/09/2008, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:
> Nick Morrott schreef op 3-9-2008 14:51:
> > On 03/09/2008, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Well depends how you define 'worth posting' there are a few demo screenshots
>  >>  floating around, nothing special and all put together quick quickly, basic
>  >>  images etc. Not all the planned features are implemented just yet and we'd
>  >>  ask people not to become impatient.
>  >
>  >
>  >>  http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_mythgallery.png
>  >
>  > Is the hanging file information box part of a widget, or part of the
>  > theme? Can it be moved elsewhere or resized where it doesn't obscure
>  > any part of the image below? It could just be me wanting a clean
>  > interface, but it looks "messy" the way it is in the screenshot.
>  >
>  > At the top right, there is also some text peeking from behind the
>  > thumbnails - what does the text say, and should it be visisble always?
>  > Can it be removed if the thumbnails are going to cover it, as in the
>  > screenshot?
>  >
> If I understood correctly Stuart 'just' put up the framework and did
>  some quick fixes to make it almost look like it was before. If that's
>  finished, it's up to themers to use the new posibillities to make more
>  slick themes.

I obviously appreciate that this is an early alpha preview, and thank
stuarta for posting these shots. I was/am trying to get a little
understanding of how much of what I was looking at was
skinnable/movable via themes, and which parts of the interface were
'tied' to the widget (i.e. the text under the selected thumbnail).

0.22 looks to be shaping up to be perty.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: