[mythtv] are there any early previews of new UI?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 13:32:30 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott schreef op 3-9-2008 14:51:
> On 03/09/2008, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Well depends how you define 'worth posting' there are a few demo screenshots
>>  floating around, nothing special and all put together quick quickly, basic
>>  images etc. Not all the planned features are implemented just yet and we'd
>>  ask people not to become impatient.
>

>>  http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_mythgallery.png
>
> Is the hanging file information box part of a widget, or part of the
> theme? Can it be moved elsewhere or resized where it doesn't obscure
> any part of the image below? It could just be me wanting a clean
> interface, but it looks "messy" the way it is in the screenshot.
>
> At the top right, there is also some text peeking from behind the
> thumbnails - what does the text say, and should it be visisble always?
> Can it be removed if the thumbnails are going to cover it, as in the
> screenshot?

If I understood correctly Stuart 'just' put up the framework and did
some quick fixes to make it almost look like it was before. If that's
finished, it's up to themers to use the new posibillities to make more
slick themes.

As far as I can tell there's already a few nice things in there to make
more eyecandy, like the picture you describe is going on top of the
other ones. I think that's very basic, but in a future might turn into
'pushing' the surrounding pictures to the side so that there is a clear
focus.

Might be wrong here, but would be nice.

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra