[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13336 by nigel

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun May 6 11:17:35 UTC 2007

> Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> On 02/05/2007, at 2:36 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>
>>> At the moment playing and detecting the presence of a CD is well
>>> broken :-(
>>>

>> I think I have now fixed this.
>>

> Hi Nigel,
>
> Sorry been too busy to test this until now.
>
> It's almost there :-) CD's are now detected properly and show up in the
> music tree etc. I just don't seem to be able to play any tracks. The
> reason is when the decoder is created in PlaybackBoxMusic::play() the cd
> device still isn't being set so the decoder cannot play anything.
>
> I fixed it by adding
>
> if (CdDecoder *cddecoder = dynamic_cast<CdDecoder*>(decoder))
>     cddecoder->setDevice(m_CDdevice);
>
> just after where the decoder is created in PlaybackBoxMusic::play().
> Also needed to add cddecoder.h to the includes. There may be a better
> was than this but everything now seems to be working OK.
>
> Paul H.

I've just tried Pauls change to try and get some joy out of it but its
still a sad story :-(

If I go to the edit screen using '3' I see that the CD line is continually
jumping from 'none' to the disk thats in the drive (at about once per
second) - it doesn't give me a chance to select it to play it.

If I set it for autoplay then I get the tracks listed but they don't start
playing - and when I exit frontend crashes.

--
Robin Gilks