[mythtv] Bruce, a question for you about schedules

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jun 22 01:53:23 UTC 2007

Bruce, since you're pretty much the expert in this area, I thought you might
have a pointer.  I've been considering the idea of adding a simple feature
to Myth where, if you have an upcoming showing of a progam recorded by a
power search (such as I do for Premier episodes of shows), that you could,
when selecting the upcoming episode, be given another option (along with
don't/never record, edit options, override) that would allow you to set up a
separate title/program specific rule as if the showing was not already being
recorded.  As it stands now, I have to wait or remember to look for the show
after it premiers and is no longer subject to the rule to be able to
schedule another rule that overlaps.

What I'm looking for pointers on is what to query in the database or what
condition to key off to know when to present that button.  I only want it to
show on non-title/program specific rules such as power searches and then let
me present the standard dialog window for creating a new title/program
specific rule.  If you have some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kevin