[mythtv] Interface to HID remote devices

dave dave at atkinson.net.au
Tue Jun 5 00:26:16 UTC 2007

The way I would approach this is to hack the kernel to map the remote keys to
what you want. I did this for the Twinhan remote see the bottom of

This way you dont need to worry about X or Qt or LIRC just remap to the remote
key set. Modifying hid-input.c as I did allows you to support a usb keyboard
and remote at the same time without the key mapping interfering with each other.

The missing keys is probably because they are being mapped to nothing in

I'm taking the same approach for a USB remote that came with a product called
USB Radio XTreme (cheapest remote I could find locally in Australia and I
needed another one for a frontend I'm building). I've written a kernel driver
for it that remaps the keys to my current myth key settings.

p.s. hid-input.c is front event driven USB HID devices. It handles a rnge of
devices including keyboards, mice, joysticks. FOr keyboaords it basically
receives input event from the device which is a key number indexed from 0. It
then does a translation using a simple array to determine what key event this
should be translated to and then generates the input event.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:14:51 -0400 (GMT-04:00), Clint Eaker wrote