[mythtv] RFC: optional MythVideo gallery view

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Jul 24 21:05:42 UTC 2007

> Anyway, this is probably a question for -user list or Wiki/trac, but what
> is the reason List view lacks this filtering functionality? Thanks for any
> pointers to previous discussions on this topic.

You can filter in the list view just not when it is set to browse files (and
never with the filter button).

Why is it this way? When browsing files you may have a number of entries
with default values making the filter less useful (and for those that only
browse files, useless).

Making the filter always available is a tiny change. Filtering is a little
inconsistent currently as you can get to the filter in gallery/browser with
the filter key even when it is hidden in the menu presented by the info key
(so we try to be consistent in all views, it is just broken).

--
Anduin Withers