[mythtv] Listings concept idea

Tony Maro tonymaro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:15:13 UTC 2007

I agree that getting the content is a problem, however from an application
host point of view (which I am) if you have 30,000 users all trying to
download every listing for every channel with every description for the next
12 days... that's about 5 minutes of full bandwidth for that user, and if he
has a good speed DSL or cable, that's a full T-1 of upload bandwidth coming
out of my server per user unless I somehow throttle it.  Multiply that times
30,000 users...

Of course the other downside to my suggestion is that you wouldn't be able
to browse by name as easily, or by new titles, so perhaps given the current
feature set it's not really an option anyway.