[mythtv] Accessing http://localhost:6544 crashes my backend (0.20.2)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 29 20:34:48 UTC 2007

Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 08/29/2007 03:33 PM, Eloy Paris wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 10:05:56PM -0700, Rob Smith wrote:
>>> Just off the cuff, but if you shutdown lmsensors, does it still crash?
>> Actually I don't have any lm-sensors stuff running.
>
> Myth uses libsensors to read the sensors "directly", so just having it
> installed means you're using it.  You don't have to be "running" any
> sensors stuff.
>
> I may do a patch today/tomorrow to remove the sensors (and ACPI)
> temperature code from Myth and instead use a more appropriate (and
> flexible) approach for accessing it.  (Of course, that will only affect
> trunk users/0.21, so I'm glad you got it working.  Others having issues
> can just uninstall libsensors/lm-sensors.)

The current code certainly doesn't work right..  I've got an FX2 running
an x86_64 kernel and it always reports 40C as the temp, regardless.
When I'm logged in and run "sensors" manually I see:

k8temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Core0 Temp:
             +52C
Core1 Temp:
             +52C

Not sure if it's just not capable of showing two CPU temps, or if
it doesn't like my particular lm_sensor driver?

I'm happy to help debug -- I'd really like a port-6544 method to
read the CPU temps on that system.

> Mike

-derek