[mythtv] Accessing http://localhost:6544 crashes my backend (0.20.2)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 29 21:02:02 UTC 2007

On 08/29/2007 04:34 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

>>> Actually I don't have any lm-sensors stuff running.
>>>
>> Myth uses libsensors to read the sensors "directly", so just having it
>> installed means you're using it.  You don't have to be "running" any
>> sensors stuff.
>>
>> I may do a patch today/tomorrow to remove the sensors (and ACPI)
>> temperature code from Myth and instead use a more appropriate (and
>> flexible) approach for accessing it.  (Of course, that will only affect
>> trunk users/0.21, so I'm glad you got it working.  Others having issues
>> can just uninstall libsensors/lm-sensors.)
>>
> The current code certainly doesn't work right..  I've got an FX2 running
> an x86_64 kernel and it always reports 40C as the temp, regardless.
> When I'm logged in and run "sensors" manually I see:
>
> k8temp-pci-00c3
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> Core0 Temp:
>              +52°C
> Core1 Temp:
>              +52°C
>
> Not sure if it's just not capable of showing two CPU temps, or if
> it doesn't like my particular lm_sensor driver?
>
> I'm happy to help debug -- I'd really like a port-6544 method to
> read the CPU temps on that system.

You've probably got an ACPI module installed that reports a (bogus?)
temperature.  ACPI is used in preference to libsensors if available.

However, I plan to remove all that code from Myth and instead allow the
user to specify a script to be run for "additional" data.  The script
could then gather (as much or as little) information from all your
backends/frontends (using any approach you like--i.e. using sensors if
it's more accurate than /proc/acpi/thermal_zone) to be reported or you
could just choose not to use a script (and just get Myth data, instead).

The current solution is a bit useless on my system.  I have 2 dedicated
backends and one dedicated frontend and the status page reports the temp
of only master backend...

Mike