[mythtv] Accessing http://localhost:6544 crashes my backend (0.20.2)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 29 20:26:29 UTC 2007

On 08/29/2007 03:33 PM, Eloy Paris wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 10:05:56PM -0700, Rob Smith wrote:
>> Just off the cuff, but if you shutdown lmsensors, does it still crash?
> Actually I don't have any lm-sensors stuff running.

Myth uses libsensors to read the sensors "directly", so just having it
installed means you're using it.  You don't have to be "running" any
sensors stuff.

I may do a patch today/tomorrow to remove the sensors (and ACPI)
temperature code from Myth and instead use a more appropriate (and
flexible) approach for accessing it.  (Of course, that will only affect
trunk users/0.21, so I'm glad you got it working.  Others having issues
can just uninstall libsensors/lm-sensors.)

Mike