[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Aug 10 08:21:48 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Yes, but I can't promise ./configure will always find the XvMCNVIDIA
> library first when you disable xvmcw. Right now I think it is the
> first vendor library it looks for, but it also looks for the I810
> and VIA libraries and the order it looks for them is basically by
> current popularity. Sometimes all three are present on one system
> and there is nothing in configure that looks at lspci or anything
> like that to determine which card[s] is|are actually installed.

The last sentence there also make the assumption that build machine ==
running machine (if it were to look at lscpi).

I really do not know enough to comment here but seeing as that doesn't
usually stop me.... Can the xvmc stuff be compiled in such a way as to
always work with the different systems and allow the user to select at
runtime (or autodetect at runtime)? This would make things better for
distributions building the code and shipping it out to multiple
different machines/configurations.

Perhaps this is the whole point of xvmcw tho' right?

Col.