[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 9 20:37:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 16:27 -0400, Matt wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
>

> > scaling and compositing. Another one is XvMC-OpenGL rendering which
> > uses an nVidia extension to allow XvMC decoded frames to be rendered
> > using OpenGL with OpenGL composited OSD. Both methods require greater
> > CPU and GPU resources, but can result in a better looking video. The
> > XvMC-OpenGL rendering method will not be compiled in unless you link
> > directly to the XvMCNVIDIA library using the --xvmc-lib ./configure
> > parameter.
> > -- Daniel
> >

> Daniel... quick question of clarification.  I disable xvmcw in
> configure and it then detects my XvMCNVIDIA library automatically.
> Will this still work without using xvmc-lib so long as it says the
> library it's oging to use is XvMCNVIDIA?

Yes, but I can't promise ./configure will always find the XvMCNVIDIA
library first when you disable xvmcw. Right now I think it is the
first vendor library it looks for, but it also looks for the I810
and VIA libraries and the order it looks for them is basically by
current popularity. Sometimes all three are present on one system
and there is nothing in configure that looks at lspci or anything
like that to determine which card[s] is|are actually installed.

-- Daniel