[mythtv] ffmpeg sync

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Tue Apr 17 22:18:59 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 20:58:44 Bruce Markey wrote:
> Janne Grunau wrote:
> After applying this, the next problem is that "-la52" needs to
> be removed from libmythtv.pro . After doing this, the compile
> did complete.

Thanks, I refreshed the patch.

> 2007-04-17 10:51:56.028 TVRec(1) Error: V4L card configured on video
> device /dev/video0, but MythTV was not compiled with V4L support.
> Recompile MythTV with V4L support or remove the card
> from the configuration and restart MythTV.
> Video4Linux sup. yes
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes, an oversight in configure, sorry. Status used the right variable, 
but the config writing code used a wrang variable name. fixed.

> > ps: I uploaded a new patch include this two minor fixes to
> > http://www.grunau.be/ffmpeg_sync_8742_2.diff.bz2
> cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac_noinline':
> cabac.h:522: error: PIC register '%ebx' clobbered in 'asm'
> cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac':
> cabac.h:522: error: PIC register '%ebx' clobbered in 'asm'
> As the first fix isn't really a fix yet but also:

strange, it works on my x86_32 test system. I disable it now explicitly 
for x86_32 and print a warning if it is enabled, but maybe it is fixed.

> Your "a" and "b" trees are no longer at the save SVN rev.

Sorry, I missed one update. I wanted a refreshed patch against the then 
current svn head version.

> It would 
> be easier to apply a patch generated with "cd b/mythtv; svn di".
> Normally patches are applied with "cd mythtv;  patch -p0 < filename"
> but for these patches I had to figure out that I needed to be in the
> dir above mythtv and use "patch -p1 < filename".

"patch -p2 < filename" from the mythtv directory would also work.

> Janne, could you please do the following? Create a patch with
> "svn di",

No sorry, but I can't. The patches are in two branches of my personal 
git mirror of the mythtv.org subversion repository.
> check out a clean tree from HEAD, apply your patch 
> and compile, install in a test env, try bttv, ivtv, DVB, HDTV
> or whatever you have access to then post your patch that works
> for you to this point.

Even if it doesn't look like I did, I'm doing something very similar. 
Parts of the patch run since weeks on my production system. I updated 
it to the full patch a 2-3 hours before I sent the patch to the ml. 
This is all compiled from my git repository and works since I it is a 
amd64 system, I don't use video4linux and have liba52 installed. 
After the register problem I tested the fix with a clean svn checkout + 
patch + fix on a x86_32 system, which worked well too.

Updated patch: http://www.grunau.be/ffmpeg_sync_8742_13272.diff.bz2

I can apply the patch cleanly in a svn trunk checkout of revision 13272 
with following command "bzcat ~/ffmpeg_sync_8742_13272.diff.bz2 | 
patch -p2".

If I hear no positive report apart from (hopefully now) Bruce's I'll 
postpone the commit to next monday.

Thanks again, Bruce, you seems to be the only one who's testing the 


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list