[mythtv] Playback picture control and a internal player question

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Nov 5 16:30:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 17:15 +0100, raptor jr wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder if there is a problem with XV playback picture controls?
> I'm not sure, but i think thishas happened since i changed to a Nvidia
> card instead of a ATI. But i cant change the playback picture values
> anymore. If i try the values jump down to -1 and nothing happends
> with the picture. I'm using the drivers from Nvidia. Is this a Nvidia
> problem or have i done something wrong?
If you are using a 6xxx card or above XVideo picture controls are not
supported. If you are using a 5xxx or earlier model you need to tell
the driver not to use the 3D texture pipeline for display (see the
nVidia readme). I should probably add some code to disable the picture
controls when they are not supported by the hardware...

<snip>
I can't help you with the DVD question.

-- Daniel