[mythtv] HD3000: Could not get card info for card #0!

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat May 13 14:49:12 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 00:23 -0400, David Cain wrote:
> Sorry for having to ask this on the Dev list, but I've tried
> MythTV-User twice, searched the archives and the web and don't have any
> answers. Have been stalled at this point for about a month and thought
> you folks might recognize these symptoms.
> I note that I couldn't compile some of the dvb-tools in an earlier
> attempt - they too said something about frontend (and 'FE_ATSC' -
> "FrontEnd"?) Anyone got any ideas here?
This is probably the culprit, my guess is that if you run
 locate frontend.h | grep dvb
it will return more than one set of headers, probably one
in /usr/include/linux/dvb, and another in your kernel.

MythTV uses the one in /usr/include, unless you tell it
otherwise in ./configure with the "--dvb-path=" directive.
In your case I'm betting the headers in /usr/include don't
include support for ATSC. There are two options, upgrade
your system so that the headers in /usr/include are up to
date, or point --dvb-path to the kernel's include directory,
but this may or may not work (which is why there is a
cleaned up, multi-kernel compatible copy in /usr/include).

> Is the issue that I've only installed mythtv-backend and
> mythtv-database on this machine?
It should be fine so long as you compiled the libraries without
--disable-frontend. But you may as well install the whole thing
until you have that working, and then get rid of the stuff you
don't need. So you don't accidentally remove essential bits.

-- Daniel