[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Jan 10 22:20:01 UTC 2006

Robert Tsai píše v Út 10. 01. 2006 v 16:38 -0500:
> You're kidding, right?
>
> 	> > > That's all.

technically, yes.

> You also forgot to mention that when you use "unstable" to delete a
> recording, then when you switch back to "stable", it will still expect
> to find the recording there (because its copy of the database still
> has it).

These are minor problems. OK, the HOWTO (if ever written) must say
loudly that as soon as versions of database start to differ it's
basically not reasonable to run the two versions side by side and switch
between them. But the database copy is needed when going from stable to
SVN since otherwise there would be no way back to stable production
systm, that's clear.

> But at this point, all you have are two separate instances of MythTV,
> with not much "switching" between two different branches of code ...

I did that and it worked for me. YMMV. If someone is running stable and
wants to check out the SVN before writing their usability report the
instructions I have given in this thread should allow them to do that.
Nothing more.

Petr