[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Playback performance [all platforms]

Joshua King jking_ok at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 9 23:42:44 UTC 2006

On 10/1/06 7:30 AM, "Nigel Pearson" <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> Last April, Benjamin Hulley told me about a hack
> which opens an interface to the hardware DVD decoding:
> http://www.defyne.org/dvb/accellent.html
> To my shame, I haven't had the time to explore, though.

Interesting that you mention that -- I've been following Accellent over the
last couple of days it has seen a big jump, going to try it on my Macs
tonight. Basically it allows for the graphics card to accelerate MPEG2 PS
recordings just like DVD Player does (which I use rather than mythfrontend
unfortunately). Not sure how useful it would be for Myth, given we have a
complex OSD. On the positive, Accellent also uses ffmpeg. Check the forums
(News and Announcements and Developer) on http://defyne.org/dvb for more
info.

Joshua King