[mythtv] What distros do myth developers build on?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:19:59 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 08:48, Buzz wrote:
> Well, I guess the question then is.... What are the most popular
> development distro/s for myth?
>
> I run FC4....What do you develop on? ... spam me personally with this one
> (off-list), and I'll summarise to list in 24 hrs or so.
> mailto:buzz at oska.com
>

> Please note, this is NOT a flame-war of "my distro's better than your's for
> developing on"...  I really don't care enough, I'm just after it for a list
> of potential distro targets to start with.
>
> I'm guessing Fedora is likely to be popular (as a result of Jarod's Fedora
> Mythology HOWTO ) others?
>
> Buzz.

Not really a developer, but I do run SVN since I use HDTV and DVB heavily. I
run Debian from a Kanotix base, its what I had on my desktop/server and
laptop so it was easy for me to start with. I'm running regular packages from
Debian Sarge and Sarge/Backports and compiled the firewire libraries myself.
I just built 8501 without issue.

--
Steve