[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Lukas Kasprowicz lukas.kasprowicz at online.de
Mon Aug 28 18:45:41 UTC 2006

Am Montag, 28. August 2006 20:25 schrieb Yeasah Pell:
> I'm trying to understand your actual diseqc setup from the tables you
> attached -- you have two cards, each with a single diseqc switch that
> has a single universal LNB attached.

Not exactly

> [card1] ---- [2 port switch] --- (port 1) --- [universal LNB]
> [card2] ---- [2 port switch] --- (port 1) --- [universal LNB]

[card1]------|---------------|
[card2]------| 8 ports in   |
                --| 2 ports out |----(port 1)------- [universal LNB]
                --| switch        |----(port 2)-------[empty]
                --|---------------|
cards are connected to ports where i am _not_ able to switch if it has to use
22kHz for switching low/high. These are only diseqc ports.

> Is there actually something on the second port of that switch that you
> just haven't defined yet, or for future expansion or something?

The second port is free, there is no second LNB attached to it. The "big"
switch is only used to get 8 cards/recievers connected.

> Do those cards actually have separate hardware (i.e. two sets of
> switches and LNBs), or are the cards chained or otherwise connected to
> the same devices?

The only seperate hardware the cards have is the cable to the switch.

Lukas