[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Mon Aug 28 18:25:47 UTC 2006

Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:
> Am Montag, 28. August 2006 19:49 schrieb Yeasah Pell:
>
>> Based on this information, and the logs, I'm guessing that either the
>> FE_SET_VOLTAGE ioctl or the FE_SET_FRONTEND ioctl are silently failing
>> some of the time. I don't remember if you said that it always fails on
>> the same set of channels, or if it's random?
>>

> It depends on the startchan, that was set for initial tuning. If it fails to
> tune from the startchan it does always fail to the channels. The channels may
> work with other startchans. I noticed with some revisions, that i was able to
> tune to channels where i do not need a working diseqc (low band).

I'm trying to understand your actual diseqc setup from the tables you
attached -- you have two cards, each with a single diseqc switch that
has a single universal LNB attached.

[card1] ---- [2 port switch] --- (port 1) --- [universal LNB]
[card2] ---- [2 port switch] --- (port 1) --- [universal LNB]

Is there actually something on the second port of that switch that you
just haven't defined yet, or for future expansion or something?

Do those cards actually have separate hardware (i.e. two sets of
switches and LNBs), or are the cards chained or otherwise connected to
the same devices?