[mythtv] [SVN7344] Live TV fails on second try

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Sep 30 16:29:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 09:07 +1000, Jon Whitear wrote:
> > Can you regenerate this doing the minimal number of things that
> > will trigger the problem?
> >
> > And, please mark the backend log with each action you've taken in
> > the UI, at the appropriate time.
> >
> > These logs are filled with all kinds of unrelated things like
> > generating previews, making timed recordings, etc.
>
> Daniel,
>
> I've captured a new set of logs. Both frontend and backend are commented
> with the actions taken (although the frontend has the detailed comments -
> I did that before re-reading your email.) It's not really the minimal set
> of actions - I only had five minutes before leaving for work, so I just
> made it break as quickly as I could.

These logs were not made with up to date SVN, so they don't tell me
exactly what is wrong. Maybe your lib path is broken?

Anyway it seems to have been caused by a RingBuffer shutdown issue.
Try revision 7368 or later, it may be fixed there.

==

Please make sure you are running with up to date libs.

Try using this command:
   ldd `which mythbackend`

It will tell you what libraries you are using on the backend.

If you installed mythtv in /usr/local/lib/ make sure you see:
   "libmythtv-0.18.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libmythtv-0.18.so.0"

-- Daniel