[mythtv] SVN 7245 thinks WB HDTV is encrypted?

Joshua M Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Wed Sep 14 04:35:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 21:58 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> Program Map Table ver(16) pid(0x30) pnum(3)
>   Registration Descriptor: 'GA94' ATSC program ID A/53
>   Unknown Descriptor (0x10) length(6)
>   Component Name Descriptor  lang(Unknown) wdwb-hd
>   Consumer Restrictions Control Descriptor (0xaa) length(1)
>   Conditional Access: sid(0x0) pid(0x30) data_size(0)
>
> That last descriptor is your problem, the transmitter is adding
> a Conditional Access table to the PMT. There is no code in MythTV
> to handle encryption for ATSC.
>

> Does anyone know if a system id 0 is some kind of marker
> for unencrypted?

I'd say that's a pretty good bet considering it's popping up on a
network affiliate during a primetime show and I'm pretty sure they
haven't started charging for that yet. :) Now the question is: was Myth
ignoring this until fairly recently, or did they just fubar their
transmission recently? I ask because I recorded from this channel
exactly 1 week ago, but in that time I also jumped about a month forward
in my version of myth.

In the meantime I'm just going to patch my local tree to ignore system
id 0 until we figure it out for sure.

--
Joshua M Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>