[mythtv] SVN 7245 thinks WB HDTV is encrypted?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Sep 14 01:58:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 20:42 -0400, Joshua M Thompson wrote:
> The subject says it all. I have a backend with a pcHDTV 3000 that I use
> to capture OTA HDTV recordings. After upgrading to SVN 7245 today though
> it doesn't seem to want to play or record my local WB affiliate anymore;
> it locks on, says "ignoring encrypted program" and then aborts. I tried
> a couple other local HDTV stations and it worked fine so I suspect
> there's just something weird about my local WB's data stream. I already
> tried wiping dtv_multiplex and doing a full rescan but it didn't seem to
> help.
>
> Backend log of an attempted recording is attached.

Program Map Table ver(16) pid(0x30) pnum(3)
  Registration Descriptor: 'GA94' ATSC program ID A/53
  Unknown Descriptor (0x10) length(6)
  Component Name Descriptor  lang(Unknown) wdwb-hd
  Consumer Restrictions Control Descriptor (0xaa) length(1)
  Conditional Access: sid(0x0) pid(0x30) data_size(0)

That last descriptor is your problem, the transmitter is adding
a Conditional Access table to the PMT. There is no code in MythTV
to handle encryption for ATSC.

Does anyone know if a system id 0 is some kind of marker
for unencrypted?

I haven't purchased any CA standards as this isn't normally
used in North America.

-- Daniel