[mythtv] Suggestion for improving SLOW channel changing inLiveTV.....

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 19:17:17 UTC 2005

On Sat 10 September 2005 19:30, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> >As long as there is a significant time delay when using buffering Myth
> > needs to include both buffered and non-buffered Live-TV modes. The only
> > question should be who has the time and desire to do the necessary work?
>
> That's just it.  It doesn't NEED to.  You WANT it to.  Since it seems
> you're the one with the desire we look forward to your patch implemented
> so that it works for all the cards and client/server configurations Myth
> currently supports.  If you don't have time or ability to implement your
> desired feature then please stop flogging the dead horse.

It does NEED to it Myth is going to be a user-friendly application used by
all*.

I'm trying to correct some notion that people should get used to the behaviour
of Myth instead of making it better. Few applications written in the real,
commercial, world survive if you tell customers to 'get used to it'. I'm not
telling anyone to write the code - but several people are suggesting that it
shouldn't be written.

* If Myth isn't eventually going to be an application which suits 99% of
people then it seems like a huge waste of potential and I know many people
would not see the point of backing a project without that future.
--
Stuart Morgan