[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7209 by danielk

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Fri Sep 9 17:46:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:41:26PM -0400, Joshua M. Thompson wrote:
> I keep thinking about this and recalling how my old Dish PVR
> worked...the signal lost message seemed to be a flag in the stream
> rather than an actual 'Signal Lost' video. Would it perhaps be possible
> to output some sort of fake "no signal" TS packets when the signal is
> lost, and then just teach the frontend to display the appropriate
> message when it sees those packets?

This could work for Mythfrontend, but you have to remember there are a
lot of other programs that will use the data. Nuvexport, videolan,
mplayer, etc.  If we don't have a fully valid video stream, other
programs will suffer and I think we should work towards being compatible
and universal rather than unique.

--Brandon