[mythtv] HD-3000 and changes from 18.1 to SVN

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Fri Oct 28 20:14:33 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 09:29 -0600, Chris Dos wrote:
>>Tried the various settings.  Using the Extra Audio Buffering option causes a
>>blue screen to be displayed when trying to watch HD.
>
> Aha!
>
> I don't think anyone has been able to get HDTV working without
> "Extra Audio Buffering". You have to try another soundcard...

I installed the Audigy card.  Configured Myth to use it via ALSA:default and
/dev/dsp.  Upgraded to 7611 and that fixed the blue screen problem when turning
on the "Extra audio buffering" option.

If I turn on "Extra audio buffering" and "Use video as a timebase" I get a
little video and audio blip every 5-10 seconds.  It's like it looses 1-2 frames
and has to adjust during the blip.  Kinda annoying.

If I just have "Extra audio buffering" enabled, it will play perfect for about
8-10 seconds and then start giving me small stutters.  I think it might be
running out of buffers in this case.  If I have the "Extra audio buffering"
turned off, it stutters really bad.  Is there a way to increase the size of the
buffers?

I'm still at a complete loss why 18.1 played perfectly well on my hardware and
current SVN is having problems.  But that is what we are trying to figure out.

	Chris