[mythtv] DVB Motor support, USALS

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 19:02:19 EST 2005

Quoting Endaf Jones <jonese at zener.com>:
> Is "Goto X.X" USALS support functional at the moment?  Actually, is
> "Goto X" stored position functional?  I can see some of the code is in
> place in the sources...

Yes you have to set your latitude and longitude in the advanced settings under
capture card.  It MIGHT not work for the southern hemisphere but I know it
works in the Northern one..

> While setting up my DVB-S card (as the second encoder, next to my
> PVR-250) I have the below options available.  I understand 1-7, but 8
> confuses me.  Is the last 8th option mean to support USALS given your
> Lat and Long?  With the rest of the setup menus, I can't seem to set
> things up to move the positioner to a specific satellite and scan a
> specific transponder?

When you map to the videosource to an input with USALS (8) you will put in the
longitude of the satellite in there..

> Ideally I'd like to have positioner and switch control, but I understand
> that combination is coming...

Yeah one of these days i'll get it fixed.. I would like to use switch + motor
but its pretty far down on the list..

Taylor