[mythtv] Re: Status of DVB-C support?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Jan 24 04:26:37 EST 2005

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> Torbjorn,
>
> sounds very promising that at least someone has been able to setup a
> ComHem Myth HTPC! What powersupply did you end up using, and what
> supplies
> caused problems?
> My personal favourites would be those with 120mm fans (more
> silent) such
> as the Seasonic Tornado. It would be sad if these might cause
> problems.

The problems i had is probably only with the technotrend dvb-c card (full
featured), i don't know if there is other cards that have the same problems
or not.
Anyway, i tried a few 300w powersupplies, some that came with the computer
case and they didn't work well.
So i bought a 400w powersupply and that one worked well.

> Have you hear/read anything regarding these combined
> DVB-C/analgue cards?
> They seem to be getting popular, at least in Sweden....

Haven't heard anything about them.
Wasn't there some discussion about combined cards on this list a while ago?

> Would it be possible to have 2 DVB-C cards somehow connected
> to a single
> card reader?

I don't think so.

> What I'm looking for is a way to record stuff from one DVB
> channel while
> watching another DVB channel at the same time.
>
> Thanks for all replies!

In theory this is posibel with one card as long as the channels are on the
same mux.
vdr can for example record one show and you can watch another channel on the
same mux while its recording.

This have been discussed before on this list, mythtv currently don't support
this if i'm not mistaken.