[mythtv] MythWeather and Dial-up Suggestion

Brian Schmidt firehawk78 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:43:59 EST 2005

Hi. I have a suggestion for future MythWeather development. I setup a
Myth box for my parents and they love it! They're using it all the
time now. Since they don't have a high-speed ISP I had to set the Myth
box up to use dial-up and it works great. I'd like to setup
MythWeather on the system, but it is very much geared towards having
broadband. Would it be possible to break out the MythWeather updating
mechanism so that it could work more like MythFillDatabase? I'd like
to have some control over exactly when it tries to download the
weather updates. I would like to have it grab updates in the very
early hours of the morning so that the updated weather was available
in the morning.

Thanks for the consideration,
Brian