[mythtv] PCHDTV + DVB Integration / DTVRecorder RingBuffer Reversion Request

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 12:51:39 EST 2005

> DVB guide data can't replace xmltv in Australia either. Last I checked,
> our networks were only transmitting information about the next two
> programs. We can get xmltv data for up to a week via the internet.

Yes its situations like this that require both XMLTV and OTA guide to be used.

> I thought Taylor was objecting more to getting channel metadata from
> Zap2It, rather than guide data specifically. All of the other metadata
> should be available in on-air MPEG/ATSC tables.

Yes.  This is exactly what I am talking about.. If the information required for
tuning to a channel is not present then no set top box will be able to function
either and the service will be useless to anyone regardless of what means they
use to recieve it.. This data is always present and should be the driving force
for your database.. Guide is a completely different story..

Taylor