[mythtv] PCHDTV + DVB Integration / DTVRecorder RingBuffer Reversion Request

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Jan 4 07:36:19 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:11:12AM -0500, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Also, DataDirect goes out (roughly) 2 weeks; the PSIP guide data that
> I've seen covers a much shorter period (typically 12 hours to 2 days).
> DataDirect also provides much more useful information, precategorized
> for our use: original air date, episode number, separate program and
> episode titles, genre, etc.  PSIP guide data provides none of this, or
> if it does it will require parsing that will vary from station to
> station and program to program.  I think at least optional use of
> DataDirect is here to stay.  I agree it would be nice to be able to have
> a Myth system that's not connected to the Internet, but for ATSC, that's
> not practical at this point.

DVB guide data can't replace xmltv in Australia either. Last I checked,
our networks were only transmitting information about the next two
programs. We can get xmltv data for up to a week via the internet.

I thought Taylor was objecting more to getting channel metadata from
Zap2It, rather than guide data specifically. All of the other metadata
should be available in on-air MPEG/ATSC tables.

Hamish