[mythtv] LiveTV Recordings question

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Dec 19 14:57:23 EST 2005

Todd Tidwell píše v Po 19. 12. 2005 v 11:49 -0800:

> I have no issues with it recording to disk.  Obviously, in terms of
> functionality and in terms of solving some of the technically challenges
> associated with viewing Live TV, there have to be enormous benefits.
> However, I simply want that recording to go away, optionally, when I'm done
> watching LiveTV.

Todd, I know what you mean. I've heard this on -user list several times
(and also heard Isaac explaining it over and over).

Maybe you could hack MythTV so that the "autoexpire after X days" option
would delete the recordings immediately for X = 0 :-)

I admit that most users would consider "autoexpire after 0 days" as
"never expire" so I cannot suggest this as a general solution, but for
your own needs it could work.

Petr