[mythtv] LiveTV Recordings question

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Mon Dec 19 14:46:47 EST 2005

Just "No?"  I realize that this is your baby, but that has to be one of the
rudest and most abrupt answers I have ever received from anyone in answer to
a question about group development project.

First off, this software is fantastic.  One of the things that makes it
fantastic is that it is very configurable and very easy to make it behave
like each user requires or prefers.  To just suddenly nix a piece of
functionality because you don't agree with it, especially without some
discussion or explanation is incredibly unjust.

Lastly, being a software developer myself for 15 years, I know that all
software benefits the most by making it accessible for the broadest range of
users.  The easy, simple, correct way to do that is to allow options and to
allow multiple configurations.

Does anyone else think that it would be too hard to make this optional or to
create a quicker auto-expire functionality to the LiveTV Recordings?  If you
have information that direction, then I'll even write the patch if you can
point me in the correct direction.

-Todd