[mythtv] LiveTV Recordings question

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Dec 19 14:49:46 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 14:46, Todd Tidwell wrote:
> Just "No?"  I realize that this is your baby, but that has to be one of the
> rudest and most abrupt answers I have ever received from anyone in answer
> to a question about group development project.
>
> First off, this software is fantastic.  One of the things that makes it
> fantastic is that it is very configurable and very easy to make it behave
> like each user requires or prefers.  To just suddenly nix a piece of
> functionality because you don't agree with it, especially without some
> discussion or explanation is incredibly unjust.

I've already explained why on the lists several times, I don't see why I
should have to continue repeating myself to every person who starts whining
about livetv taking "more" disk space now.

> Lastly, being a software developer myself for 15 years, I know that all
> software benefits the most by making it accessible for the broadest range
> of users.  The easy, simple, correct way to do that is to allow options and
> to allow multiple configurations.
>
> Does anyone else think that it would be too hard to make this optional or
> to create a quicker auto-expire functionality to the LiveTV Recordings?  If
> you have information that direction, then I'll even write the patch if you
> can point me in the correct direction.

And I'll reject any such patch.  LiveTV's staying the way it is.  You already
have the option to auto-expire them after a day, anyway.

Isaac