[mythtv] pgsql support and group by clauses

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Sat Aug 6 11:41:48 EDT 2005

After several weeks since my last post about this, I think I have most of the db backend configured to handle different databases.  Right now there is only support for MySQL and PostgreSQL (alpha support), but the functions are designed to be extensible to any other db supported by Qt.  I am running through the final (I hope) stages of testing this, so hopefully I'll be able to submit a patch later this weekend.

On a somewhat related note, there are many "group by" clauses in select statements that don't use any aggregate functions.  I am not sure what the intent is, so I don't want to remove them.  However using "group by" without aggregate functions is non-standard and therefore not very portable.  I have so far not seen any ill effects from commenting them out, but I'm not exactly a MySQL expert.  Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com