[mythtv] CVS Server down?

Demorechner Meiersos linux at meiersos.ch
Wed Sep 29 10:02:04 EDT 2004

Hello,
I'm trying to download the newest version of mythtv from CVS but had no
success since yesterday (9/29) evening.
Is the Server down or do I have a problem on my side???

Then I would like to also contribute something to this Project. Some easy
things to begin with, for example German Translations, or bugreports.

Where should I post for example a file with new RSS Feeds for German user?
Here in the "development" forum or in the "commit" forum?

One last thing in my first posting:
As I returned to the "unix" community after 10 years of M$ dominated work, I
have maybe sometimes silly/dumb questions but I hope this will change very
fast.
Here the question:
To use a patch I have to use the command:
patch -p1 < Patch.file
or
patch -p0 < Patch.file

But how do I create a Patch? In the gossamer thread I found several different
solutions and I didn't want to look through all the 500+ messages with the
word "patch" in it. For example:

cvs diff -u > Patch.file
or
cvs -z3 diff -ud > Patch.file

Does this make a Patchfile with all the differences in all the files?
How do I do this for only one file? For example "news-sites.xlm"

Hope I did all the things right with my Posting.

Thanks for your responses
Marcel