[mythtv] Scheduling and repeats

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Wed Sep 15 18:41:11 EDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 4:15 PM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Curtis Stanford wrote:
>
>> I have a quick questions about scheduling with current CVS:
>>
>> The new seasons are starting and I have shows scheduled for 'new
>> episodes only'. I know they are not repeats because I checked the
>> database. When I look at them in the GUI it says 'previously
>> recorded' which isn't possible because they are new. I changed the
>> option to 'check for repeats in current recordings only' and then it
>> works correctly. If I change it back to 'check in current and
>> previous recordings' it doesn't want to record anything.
> That was the behavior in .16, if a show wasn't marked as a repeat but
> was in the previous or current recordings it would get marked as a
> repeat.  With current CVS you should get the true reason it's not
> going to record.  I've just taken another look at things and it looks
> like I missed a section of SQL for the dups in stuff.  I'll correct
> that soon.

Would this omission explain why a non-repeat show would not be recorded
when checking dups in current and previous recordings but WOULD be
recorded when only checking dups in current recordings? The shows I
think should be recorded are now showing with a 'P' (previously
recorded), which is an improvement over showing an 'r'. However, the
shows in question were not recorded previously because they are brand
new.

>> I also notice there is not way to specify what to check for (i.e.
>> description, subtitle) when you are recording new episodes only.
>>
> That is correct.  New recordings only is currently implemented as a
> "dup in" not a "dup loc".  When set something to be recorded as new
> episodes only it looks for duplicates using subtitle and description.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dup in" and "dup loc". If shows
typically have no subtitle, would it make sense to have an option to
allow the new recordings to look for duplicates using subtitle and/or
description?