[mythtv] DVB patch

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 00:07:41 UTC 2004

> * Should the EIT grabber put the descriptive text into description, or
>    into subtitle? At the moment, all of the 'body' text goes into
>    'subtitle', which confuses things down the line. I've just spotted the
>    EITFixUp code, but I'm still curious about the default case...

Use the other "fixup" version.  This will be automaticlly turned on based on the
NetworkID in future versions, so it will be placed correctly.

 > * The scanner doesn't handle NITs which contain multiple frequencies for
>    a given transponder. These show up in the UK on those transmitters
>    that relay off others. The data appears to be held in a 0x63 section
>    coming after the TerrestrialDeliverySystem block. I can manage to
>    decode the frequency list, but I'm not sure what to do with them after
>    that. Should the TransportObject be extended to store a list of
>    frequencies, and only the first one that tunes sucessfully be added to
>    the database?

Are these outside of DVB specs?   I need to look into this, since it makes sense
to include all transmitters that have the same content in the same plce..

> * I've also started looking at support for using the UK-specific channel
>    number information to allocate the channel numbers, rather than using
>    the DVB IDs. Is anyone else looking into this, before I reproduce
>    their effort?

Ive got samples of them, and was planning on doing this soon.. I just need to
parse the ServiceDescriptor and make it part of NIT processing, and to make the
SQL add in the ChannelNumber..

Obviously not everything is there yet but we are on the way..

If you want to help there are some other things that no one is working on yet
that we could always use help with..  http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/

Taylor