[mythtv] Re: Another problem with nuvexport and possible fix...

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-dev at beirdo.ca
Mon Nov 15 01:04:08 UTC 2004

George Styles <george at ripnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris - are you prepared to accept one or both of these patches? its annoying to have to re-apply them each time I book out the CVS. I think the first one is fairly non-controversial, whereas the second one may need a switch if it breaks the encode for any other people.

It's good to see some feedback from DVB users.  However, when we look at
integrating that, we'll have to make sure that it doesn't break the far more
common case of PVR-x50 cards.  I'm not sure that removing the mpeg2 input
flag is a good idea in the general case.  I think it might make more sense to
create a separate set of detection/parsing setup for DVB files specifically.

The output of DVB in MythTV is an MPEG2-TS, correct?  We should look at a more
foolproof way to distinguish between MPEG2-TS and MPEG2-PS if so.  Something
for us all to think about.

I guess we'll have to test the changes no matter what. :)

Ciao
Gavin