[mythtv] Re: Another problem with nuvexport and possible fix...

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Mon Nov 15 04:33:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:04, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> George Styles <george at ripnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > Chris - are you prepared to accept one or both of these patches? its annoying to have to re-apply them each time I book out the CVS. I think the first one is fairly non-controversial, whereas the second one may need a switch if it breaks the encode for any other people.
>
> It's good to see some feedback from DVB users.  However, when we look at
> integrating that, we'll have to make sure that it doesn't break the far more
> common case of PVR-x50 cards.  I'm not sure that removing the mpeg2 input
> flag is a good idea in the general case.  I think it might make more sense to
> create a separate set of detection/parsing setup for DVB files specifically.
>
> The output of DVB in MythTV is an MPEG2-TS, correct?  We should look at a more
> foolproof way to distinguish between MPEG2-TS and MPEG2-PS if so.  Something
> for us all to think about.
>
> I guess we'll have to test the changes no matter what. :)

Hi,

I believe mythtv saves my DVB-T into PES.  The TS are decoded and the
selected pids are saved.

mplayer output:
Playing 1000_20041010120000_20041010130000.nuv.
LMLM4 Stream Format not found
MPEG-PES file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x576  (aspect 3)  25.000 fps  15000.0 kbps (1875.0
kbyte/s)

Paul