[mythtv] Need some help understanding jobqueue

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:08:04 UTC 2004

I'm fooling around with adding the ability to transcode from mythweb
and I've encountered something odd.  I'm inserting jobs as
insert into jobqueue (chanid, starttime,inserttime, type,status,
hostname)  values( transcode_ID, FROM_UNIXTIME(transcode_starttime]),
FROM_UNIXTIME( time() ),1,1,db_host )

Which doesn't quite work.  What's happening is the job goes into the
database, then it seems to create a duplicate of that job and run it.
When it's done, I end up with one job as status 4 (Running) and one
job with status 3 (Starting)

Like so (non-related entries removed):
select id,title,status, comment from jobqueue as j, recorded as r
where r.chanid=j.chanid and r.starttime=j.starttime order by j.id;
| 899 | Frasier                 |      4 | 70% Completed           |
| 909 | Frasier                 |      3 |                         |

Thoughts?