[mythtv] suggestion for rewinding in mythtv

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jun 9 11:46:27 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Tako Schotanus <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com> writes:
>

>>PS: I had been wondering about this as well because it would also take away the
>>need for the channel change warning if you're behind live tv (you might want to
>>jump to the end of the stream though).
>>

>I dont think this warning should go away -- indeed I think it needs
>one more option, "Continue watching LiveTV and record on another
>input."  Admittedly this option should only exist if you have multiple
>tuners.
>
>As an example -- my wife has been watching the WGBH Auction -- it's a
>live program requiring real-time phone-in, so there is very little
>reason to record it (but lots of reasons to pause, rewind, and then
>catch up again).  Yes I still have other programs scheduled for
>recording, so it would be nice to tell the system to go record them on
>different input cards and leave me in livetv.

I agree, but this is an entirely different issue. The question was why
the ringbuffer is cleared when changing channels while your's has to do
with the scheduler not being able to adjust to the fact that the tuner
it wants is occupied while another tuner is still available.

It hasn't happened to me yet, but I guess I'll do some cussin' and
swearin' when it does ;-)

So yes, in that particular circumstance the message is still usefull
(although personally I think the scheduler should first see if it can
just switch the program to the other tuner without any conflicts, but if
that's too much work I would be just as happy with your suggestion).

Cheers,
 -Tako