[mythtv] suggestion for rewinding in mythtv

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 9 09:55:07 EDT 2004

Tako Schotanus <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com> writes:

> PS: I had been wondering about this as well because it would also take away the
> need for the channel change warning if you're behind live tv (you might want to
> jump to the end of the stream though).

I dont think this warning should go away -- indeed I think it needs
one more option, "Continue watching LiveTV and record on another
input."  Admittedly this option should only exist if you have multiple
tuners.

As an example -- my wife has been watching the WGBH Auction -- it's a
live program requiring real-time phone-in, so there is very little
reason to record it (but lots of reasons to pause, rewind, and then
catch up again).  Yes I still have other programs scheduled for
recording, so it would be nice to tell the system to go record them on
different input cards and leave me in livetv.

-derek