[mythtv] [PATCH] Display Resolution switching
John Patrick Poet
john at BlueSkyTours.com
Sat Jul 31 04:28:32 EDT 2004
Isaac Richards wrote:
>On Thursday 29 July 2004 12:07 am, John Patrick Poet wrote:
>>This is version 3 of my Display Resolution switching patch.
>>The patch enables automatic switching to different display resolutions
>>based on the dimensions of the video being played. If USING_XRANDR is
>>enabled in settings.pro, a new config screen will show up under
>>[Appearance]. This config screen allows you to specify the display
>>resolution to use for the GUI, a default video display resolution, and
>>two "override" video display resolutions.
>This is looking much better, but still has some issues I'd like to see taken
>care of before I commit:
>- It won't compile at all without xrandr
If xrandr is not available on the machine, it will not compile?
>- It won't compile at all if using_x11 isn't defined
Damn. I did test that, but I must have modified libmyth.pro sometime
>- Why is everything in DisplayRes static? I don't see a reason for that.
The way I wrote it initially, it had to be static. Another way to
handle it, would have been to make it a singleton class, but I don't
like making the "main" program do extra work to instantiate/use a
class. With it as a member of MythContext it actually does not have to
be done either way...
>- Why is the DisplayRes class a public member of the context?
I made it a member of MythContext because that is the primary place it
is used, and other "classes" would have easy access to it.
> I think it'd
>live best as a singleton class (see some recent mediamonitor changes),
Okay, I will make it a singleton class.
> but at
>the least it should be a private member with an accessor function.
That data that should be private, is private within the DisplayRes
class, so I did not see a reason to use an accessor function.
>- I'd make the display res class grab its own settings, and not feed em in
>through Activate() & addRes().
I did that so it would not have to know anything about gContext -- I was
trying to cut down on the dependencies. I will change it.
>- I would _really_ prefer it if your patch followed the rest of the style
>conventions ('if' is not a function, 4 space indents, etc). Otherwise, I
>have to spend time fixing things as I apply it.
I actually did try. While working on this, I even went into my .emacs
file and changed the default to 4 space indents. I will re-audit the
code and try to find the places I missed.
More information about the mythtv-dev