[mythtv] Can someone please explain how to change default font ?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Feb 13 00:54:49 EST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 07:35 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for response. I've tried that but it seems problem is lying
> elsewhere. I'd just like to test my understanding (I guess I took som wrong
> steps):
> I'm getting TV program files in cp1250, then translate them in Perl to
> iso-8859-2 and put them in sql database (directly from Perl, cause
> mythfilldatabase had problems with non UTF characters). I've changed font
> settings but I guess that mythtv is reading those iso8859-2 fonts and puts
> them into utf so I get garbled characters - I guess I should put them in
> utf and then find proper utf font to show on screen ?
>
> Am I right or wrong ?  Has anyone dealt with non utf chaacters and found
> some proper way ?

The database needs to be in utf-8.  mythfilldatabase takes care of this
conversion if necessary -- it doesn't have any problems with non-utf8
characters _if_ the xml that it's reading is properly tagged with the right
character set (the encoding attribute of the starting xml tag would be set to
ISO-8859-2, in your case).

For example, the output of tv_grab_na starts with:

and mythfilldatabase reads that in and converts it to utf8 before storing it
in the database.

Isaac