[mythtv] Re: MythLCD Channel Info

dan dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Feb 12 12:02:01 EST 2004

Tako, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.  I compiled lcdproc
0.4.4 at the house. After whacking at my driver (CwLnx) to make it pass back
all key presses I got to looking at the issues your having.  "output 0" is
normal.  I don't see the page late issues your seeing, but I did see the issue
another poster raised re: the playlist being displayed wrong on the display.
I believe some of the tree widgets got changed.  I'll look at that this
weekend.

-dan

>Tako Schotanus (quintesse at palacio-cristal.com) wrote:
>
>Dan, the messages happen appear only in the beginning.
>I can also see that the driver does not get passed any information (only
>empty screens).
>The only pages that seem to do enything are:
>- the myth music menu
>- the music play screen
>- the myth video menu
>
>but.... and this is the strange thing... always a page "late"! So in the
>music play screen I'll see the menu and if I escape from the play screen
>I get the last song that played. Weird :-)
>
>But I think the the "output 0" could have something to do with it yes
>because the VFD doesn't support all of the things an LCD does (there's
>no concept of contrast for example). So it might be that the driver
>returns 0 somewhere it shouldn't. I'll look into it.
>
>Cheers,
> -Tako
>

>dan wrote:
>
>>Tako, it looks like the time widget works properly.  The output you sent, is
>>that from when it first starts, or in the middle?  I can't tell, but it
looks
>>like this is happening after the widgets get built.  It looks like
everything
>>thats getting sent to lcdproc isn't getting echo'd here.  Oh wait, I bet it
>>doesn't understand output 0.  I don't have access to my box right now, or to
>>the docs, but I don't believe there is a "output" command for lcdproc.
Thor,