[mythtv] MediaMonitor and system lockups

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 09:54:29 EDT 2004

On Sunday 04 April 2004 19:24, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> I've seen reports of the media monitoring code causing system lock
> ups but I'd never been able to repro it.  My most recent machine I
> built, however, locked up every time I used it.  The difference
> between it and the others is the QT version.  Sure enough, upgrading
> it to QT 3.2 from QT 3.1 stopped the lockup.
>
> For some reason the system hangs right after the media hander posts
> an event to the main thread to deal with the new disk.  The event
> handler for the ExitToMainMenu event never seems to get called.

Interesting... I was one of the ones who had posted about this a ways
back.  I've since rebuilt my box (RH8 -> FC1), but it's probably worth
noting that my old setup (where I got the lockups in media monitoring)
was using Qt 3.1.2.  On my new setup, I don't get lockups anymore (Qt
3.3.1).  Good find!

-JAC