[mythtv] MediaMonitor and system lockups

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Apr 4 19:24:41 EDT 2004

I've seen reports of the media monitoring code causing system lock ups
but I'd never been able to repro it.  My most recent machine I built,
however, locked up every time I used it.  The difference between it and
the others is the QT version.  Sure enough, upgrading it to QT 3.2 from
QT 3.1 stopped the lockup.

For some reason the system hangs right after the media hander posts an
event to the main thread to deal with the new disk.  The event handler
for the ExitToMainMenu event never seems to get called.