[mythtv] Scheduling bug with instant record.

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Nov 19 22:50:59 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:05:02PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> >Modified to use filename using current time when recordings are
> >   started late.  This also allows catching the end of a program in a
> >   different filename if the backend is restarted during a recording.
> >   The scheduler now tweaks the in-memory starttime to match the actual
> >   current time when a recording starts.
>
> This works beautifully. Not only in testing but on Sunday
> I inadvertently killed a backend in the second hour of a
> three hour recording. Once I'd noticed this and restarted
> it, both parts were viewable and seeking worked correctly
> in both. Thank you, Chris.

I'm wondering if this shouldn't someday be extended to try to get a
complete recording for recurring recordings.  Consider the following,
for example.

Backend starts recording a program.

Power goes out shortly afterwards.

Power comes back up after the show is over.

Backend restarts but won't record a future showing of that episode
because it thinks it has already recorded it, even though it was only
a partial recording.

I think all it would take is a new field in [old]recorded that gets
set at the end of recording iff it was a complete recording and minor
tweaking of the database query in findAllProgramsToRecord.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com